Monday, June 21, 2010

"I Was Going Really Fast and Then I Fell on My Face"

The title of this post is my six-year-old self's account of what had brought me to the Ski Patrol's Clinic at Doe Mountain.  It is also an accurate description of what happened to me on the Party Bus last Saturday except I wasn't going really fast.  
Let me start with a word about the Party Bus- there were seats around the outside of the bus and a great mix of songs and strobe lights.  Our driver stopped at the main attraction monuments in D.C. (Lincoln!).  I finally had the chance to see Jefferson.  We'd hop off the bus and taken pictures. Then we'd hop back on and party to our next stop.  The driver was quite patient.
One of our hop-offs was at the Washington Monument.  We saw a hill.  I was challenged to a race to the top of said hill.  I accepted and took two steps.  Then I fell on my face. As soon as I hit the incline I went down.  Luckily, I fell with equal weight on all parts of my body so I was not injured. And that is how I became the talk of the Party Bus.
I'd recommend rounding up a group and renting a party bus.  You need a big group or a rich patron to make it affordable but it's a wonderful time.  Just be careful on the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment